View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #48
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
One of my favorite thing about ebooks is that I can make as many annotations as I like. While I do mark up pbooks (not library or borrowed books... just the ones that I own), these mark ups are generally limited to underlining. The margins are not big enough for much else.

I prefer books that stand up to multiple readings: first reading is for content, subsequent readings are for enjoyment and edification (or more precisely, enjoyment through edification). I try to make note of any similarities that I see to other books, or my life, or world events, or whatever. I like looking back at my earlier responses to a text and seeing if I still feel the same way the second, third, fourth time that I read it. I also make predictions regarding what will happen next, and I like being able to quickly refer back to whatever bit of foreshadowing that I spotted (or that I spotted in hindsight on a subsequent reading). If I jumped on to wikipedia to double check something, I usually make a quick note of it. For instance, I'm reading Anna Karenina at the moment, and went to wikipedia to get a quick overview of Tolstoy's views on communism.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote