View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #127
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblop View Post
The coordinates are not precise enough to help with that, and also I doubt very much that Amazon or the police would care about it. Some people could argue that a mobile phone also tracks you all the time (see http://www.zeit.de/datenschutz/malte...data-retention for a dramatic illustration) but that's inherent to how mobile phones work. I can't see why an ebook reader needs to send that data to its parent company (even using wifi!)
To add appropriate roaming charges?