View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Workaround on thumbnail issues

I'm not exactly sure yet, but some thumbnail issues seem to be related to the Windows thumbnail caching. In my case, I completely disabled thumbnail caching on XP and frequently clear thumbnail cache on Windows 7. It may be the reason I didn't notice this issue.

So, if you experience thumbnail issues, e.g., you see no cover images on the Thumbnails View (XP) or Large Icons View (Vista/7) of Explorer, please try clearing the Windows thumbnail cache.

You can use Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool to do so. It should be in Start Menu | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.

On Windows 7 (and probably on WIndows Vista, too), there is an option to not use thumbnails at all. Please make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" on the "View" tab in "Folder Options" is NOT checked to see cover images.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote