View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #91
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Has anyone had success changing the justification to left with this file? I tried, but didn't see any change. (Yes, I was on the Home screen and yes, I restarted after editing the file.)

Love the size 16 margins though! =)
Yes, you can add a Justification option to the Text menu by editing the prefs file. 'It works for me', so if it is not working for you go back and make sure you're making the edit properly (including using a text editor that can save with unix line endings). On Windows that means you need to get a 3rd party text editor such as Notepad++. Windows Notepad won't do this, so if you added the new line with that, that is probably why it didn't work.

Whether it does anything depends on how the book is coded. If they hard-code the paragraph styles as 'full' or 'left' then it does not have any effect.

While I have this hack enabled, I generally never use it since I use the smallest text size, and together with the margin hack, full justification usually looks pretty good most of the time. If only Kindle would allow line breaks after hyphens and m-dashes...

Last edited by tomsem; 03-30-2011 at 07:52 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote