View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #41
cdntinpusher
cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cdntinpusher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libre Color
I've been happy with my Libre Color for the past two months. The LC will recognize your cards and add any books, music, or videos to the library list, so switching the card back and forth won't be a problem.

Viewing comics (which I assume are in PDF format) will work on the LC, but depending on the original printed page size of the comic PDF, it may not be terribly convenient. If the comic was a larger page size like 8 x 10, text in the bubbles tends to be quite small. There is an Enlarge function in the zoom menu, but then you have to use the D-pad to scroll around the page. It works, but since the reader can't resize images, it's going to be a limitation of any reader dealing with image-based PDFs. If you don't mind the scrolling left and right and up and down to read them, it will work. I should also mention that if you are in Enlarge mode, the page turn buttons don't work and you have to return to 100% view each time prior to changing pages, which is a bit of a pain. Also, depending on how big the PDF file is, it may slow down the responsiveness of the reader.

Assuming you are in Canada, and you don't want to deal with cross-border shipping and duty issues, DirectDial has them in Canada for $114 + shipping ($18) at: http://www.directdial.com/AEBK07FS.html.

If you get one, make sure to do the firmware upgrade as it does fix a couple of minor issues, and adds a couple of minor new features.

Last edited by cdntinpusher; 03-25-2011 at 01:51 AM.
cdntinpusher is offline   Reply With Quote