Thread: nook or kindle
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #28
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Have a look at the Singapore Library. It is for free and does have epub and mobi books to lend. They do have 21,813 ebooks and 2,017 are mobis, but have a look yourself.

Maybe you should have a look at other ebook readers than the nook or the Kindle. There are wonderful options out there, the Bookeen Orizon i.e. or the BeBook Neo or the iRiver Cover Story.

All of them have wifi and read epub, have touchscreens, take notes, read a lot of other formats, play audiofiles...
As long as I can download the book and get a copy, I can read the ePub ones (DRM free) on my Kindle as well! :-) .. 60 seconds conversion via Calibre. of course, no Public Libraries but any other copyright free book.

Last edited by jocampo; 03-23-2011 at 08:34 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote