View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #69
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Hmmm...I am brand-new to the eBook thing. I have had my iPod for a few years and been plenty happy either buying direct from iTunes or buying a CD and loading it to my iTunes but I just ran into my first bit of trouble with eBooks and DRM.

There is a book that sounds very interesting to me and got a "starred review" in publisher's weekly. You can pre-order it on Amazon or B&N (it is not out yet, will be in May). You can pre-order the physical book from those stores and elsewhere but the eBook is only available from the 2 biggies.

I pre-ordered it less than an hour ago from B&N, then realized they were calling it a "nookbook" and not an eBook or ePub. I did a quick googleing, that I should have done before buying, and found Nookbooks will not work on my Kobo when I thought the only store I couldn't buy from was Amazon. Apparently, it is because of DRM. Now I was willing to spend the $7.99 they were asking for it and did.

If I can't get an eBook version that will work with my Kobo, I'll get the paperback, which is the same price. Do you think BAM, Borders, or Kobo will have an ePub of it after the publication date?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote