View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #116
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
one thing that stood out to me that i had not read about here is that i really preferred the ereaders that had dark cases (k3, 650) over the ones with white or silver cases (nook, 350, 950).
Hi tm3

Most brands have different options for the casing, at least one dark and one light. I know the Sonys come in colours, different ones depending on the model. eg my 300 is a darkish pink, which I think is still available for the 350, but the 650 comes in red. One of them comes in dark blue, but I can't recall which. I've seen both black and white casings for the Kindle. So I wouldn't rule out the nook, 350 or 950 on that basis without checking what other colour options they have. There's also the option of skins and decals.

The improved contrast with the darker casing has been mentioned occasionally - I took it into account when I was buying mine because someone here had mentioned it. Not so much for which device, but for the colour options.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote