View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #111
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G J Lau View Post
One thing I learned over the years is that there is no perfect system. Every system has it good features and bad features. The key is to choose the system with the bad features you can best live with, if that makes any sense.
very true, and the nonstandardization of ereaders make the choice tricky.

to the OP, i'm also choosing with the reading experience being the #1 priority.

it is too bad that you can't get a "hands on" as i think that is the best way to tell what features matter to you, and what features don't. i visited BB yesterday and while a month ago all of the display units were nonfunctional, this time they had a working k3, nook, 350, 650 all side by side as well as a dead 950.

some random observations:

one thing that stood out to me that i had not read about here is that i really preferred the ereaders that had dark cases (k3, 650) over the ones with white or silver cases (nook, 350, 950).

also, i had thought that "seen one font you've seen them all" but with the side by side comparison the k3 stood out as having the most attractive display because of the font.

the 950 is the ideal size. k3 is the ideal weight.

i would second the advice you have received about downloading software (ADE, calibre, etc.) and playing with it as this may have some influence on your decision. for example, it is possible to convert the format in calibre and then email the book to your k3. i think that is much preferable to connecting the device and downloading.

good luck!
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote