View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #76
nijntjeuska
nijntjeuska began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dutch-English and English-Slovak dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
Thanks stehk, using 2 dictionaries at the same time works perfectly on my Kindle 3 now! My use case is slightly different: Dutch-English dictionary as primary and English-Slovak dictionary for case I do not know an English word from the Dutch-English translation (there is no good direct Dutch-Slovak dictionary).

At first I thought I would set the language of the primary dict to en, so that I can keep correct dict metadata (en->sk) for the English-Slovak dict. However, from some reason this did not work - the primary dict was always used... so I tried your example of setting the primary dict to fr and the secondary to fr->sk and that worked. I don't understand why I have to work it around in this way but not a big deal for me

Janvanmaar, please, where have you found Dutch-English and English-Slovak dictionaries for Kindle? I am looking for both of them for a few days. I have only found one Dutch-English dictionary on www.amazon.com, however, according to the reviews I decided not to buy it. It's cheap, but not worth even the small price it cost. Thank you
nijntjeuska is offline   Reply With Quote