View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #104
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
I use my Kindle (WiFi) a lot to read my work documents that I transfer to Kindle by sending them to <user>@free.kindle.com. Yesterday one small document in mobi format (converted with Calibre) bounced with a message that it cannot be delivered because there is something wrong with it. It was strange because no limits were exceeded and the file was in mobi format. I decided to investigate it later and copied the file via USB instead. Today I tried to replicate the problem and now it works fine, so maybe it was only a temporary glitch.

However, reading how Amazon has actively censored some books I have become suspicious. The failed document was an extract from a medical research that among other things included questions about patient's relatives and sex life in the same paragraph. What if Amazon is experimenting with filtering objectionable texts also in the e-mail conversation tool?

Using USB cable is a hassle, so I am curious if there could be an easy way to transfer mobi documents wirelessly to Kindle directly excluding Amazon servers? My device is already jail-breaked.

And as WiFi has to be enabled in this situation, how could I make sure that the device is not reporting back to Amazon about my activities. I am a kind of a person who hates when someone is looking over my shoulder to see what I am reading.