View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #26
carmelra
Zealot
carmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toys

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobassam View Post
Has anyone checked Hebrew support on Sony PRS-505/300 using this custom firmware (supports Hebrew UI): http://ebookapplications.com ?
I tested it and can confirm that it's much better than the original firmware (which displays all text as left to right and therefore it's not readable). In general, it's even possible to read the text. However, there are a few problems that prevent a good reading experience.

Below are a few photos I took (very bad photos, I know...) that demonstrate the current status and issues I found:

1) The main device menu: The text is displayed left to right and therefore it is not readable in Hebrew.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeviceMenu.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	61846

2) The book settings menu: The text is displayed left to right and therefore it is not readable in Hebrew.

Name:	BookMenu.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	61847

3) TOC: The text is displayed left to right and therefore it is not readable in Hebrew.

Name:	TOC.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	61848

4) Main Book Reading area: The text is displayed right to left and therefore it is readable. However, it's not reflowing properly. Lines are getting breaking without a real need (you can see it in the photo that a few lines has no period at the end). That's annoying.

Name:	MainTextArea.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	61849

5) Main Book Reading area - Text with punctuation marks: The punctuations are not being displayed properly. They appear to the left of every relevant character.

Name:	PunctuationsText.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	61850
carmelra is offline   Reply With Quote