View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaan View Post
Go to Manage Your Kindle and click on "Edit" under "Your Country". Then enter your american address and voilą, you'll be able to buy books from the US store. Note that you'll lose access to the Australian store, however.

Make sure it is a real address not a made up one. And while you lose access to the Aus store, to go back to Australia all you need to do is change back to your living address through the same process. I would wait until you have the kindle in your hands and you have registered it before you change to the USA.

The books you have already purchased will not get lost. They are always in your account on amazon unless you delete them. I have a book that is no longer available through amazon, they must have put it in their store against copyright restrictions but I bought it when it was available for sale. Amazon has never removed that book from my account nor the kindle. Even though I guess that someone made a mistake in putting it up on their site. They removed books from the actual kindles a few years ago -1984- and that created such a furore and a law suit that they never did that again.

Sometimes books are available in Australia but not the USA. Also, you can do the same with Amazon UK store, as they have more British writers available than the USA store, and are cheaper to buy than in the AUS store. I am mostly permanently in the USA store as books are also cheaper there. I only switch to Australia when I am buying a kindle.

Last edited by Pushka; 10-15-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote