View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #64
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
If the merchant had voided the original charge, (must happen same day), no charges would have been made to the customer's credit card. It looks like the merchant refunded the charge which results in the unnecessary charges to to the customers card. That's the merchant's fault, not the banks fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Exactly the point!
I totally agree, yet I've seen no explanation as to why this didn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I am not denying B&H made errors but as it's your credit card company that added the fees they are better able to remove them. Can you dispute the transaction?

What specifically would you like B&H to do that will satisfy you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandhphoto View Post
In order to deter credit card fraud and identity theft we have verification processes in place. For non-US customers we will ship to the customer's home or to a business address only if it's in the same country as the home or to a USA residence address. In addition, the credit card must have been issued in the same country as the residence. That was not the case here. Wire Transfer would have been an option...
At a minimum, I would want an assurance from B&H that this won't happen again, and that they are in the process of changing their system to verify where and why they won't ship to certain locations at checkout time, not after the fact.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote