View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
How is the build? Is it aluminum like the 505 and 600, or is it, as I've heard, merely aluminized plastic?

I was showing off my 505 in the airport - one guy had an iPad and one had a nook, and the poor guy's nook was already falling apart while my old 505 still looks nearly new, even after having been dropped several times.

I don't think I want a plastic ereader - I'm thinking of upgrading to the 650 as I would like a better screen than the 505, but I'm willing to pay for quality.
The build of my 350 is not quite a nice as the 505 or the 600, but the case is still aluminum, though there is some plastic in places. I just have a sense that the layer of metal is thinner than before, and the stylus is all plastic, where the 600 had a heavy metal stylus. Nevertheless, I do not feel that it is any more delicate, just lighter weight, which makes it easier to hold. My battery lasted for ten days of heavy reading ( I used it to the point where the "low battery" warning came on). Overall, I feel that the new models are a huge improvement from before.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote