View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:52 AM   #47
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
Hi, Bowerbird,

I didn't mean very much by that speculation on page 1 of the thread. I honestly have no idea what is going on (I was expecting a kindle in 2006--boy was I wrong). We know exactly what people on mobileread know, probably less.

As for "disinformation," I simply meant that i believed that Amazon.com was selectively leaking news that the device "was coming" and at the same time keeping quiet about whether it even exists. I am growing sick and tired of it. I think a kindle device does/did exist, but the fact they aren't showing it off at trade shows sends the signal that it's not anywhere ready for prime time. The leak to Brad Stone seems intended to counter that impression.

You know it really is hilarious how even the slightest bit of ebook news seems enormously interesting to mobileread/teleread readers and how unimportant it seems to the rest of the world.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, I think the universe is conspiring to deprive me of my Cybook 3; damn, why didn't I order it Sunday night when I had the chance?

Last edited by rjnagle; 11-03-2007 at 03:03 AM.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote