View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #30
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
For XML-based book standards, Text Encoding Initiative's working on it. Also DocBook, which I see you've found while I was previewing my post. Several tools available for generating HTML/ePubs from both, too.

On Google Code there's epub-tools from ThreePress, who've a nice ePub blog here. They love to show off nifty proposed stuff that will presumably be available in future versions of ePub. Their toolset includes the python-based tei2epub and docbook2epub, and some Java-based stuff.

There's also tei2html which is a work in progress, but is also the project of a fellow MR member.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote