View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #20
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thanks! Appreciate very much that you took the time to modify your script.

It'll probably be a while before a new enough "published" freebie shows up in the Amazon store that I can try it on (though maybe some of those recent "Free with Bonus Content" promo editions might qualify).

But in the meantime I think I'll make some sacrificial conversions with Kindlegen 1.1 build 99 and see how they stack up both size-wise etc. against files generated with build 98 and Kindlegen 1.0 (which I've still got installed) when I've got a free moment, and report in the other thread.

One potential vague upside I can see to the bloat now being enforced default is the possibility of taking future Kindlegenerated Mobi files from elsewhere with annoying problems, and being able to lay hands on the actual source to see where things originally went wrong, instead of having to unpack the Mobi to html and poke around and guess.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote