View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But I am beginning to suspect that separate CSS files for Kindle and ePub might be necessary. I hope not, but the font size issue might be a sticking point.
Here's my sample files for font sizes. I found out a lot of interesting info, but the final conclusion is that specifying font sizes can't be done through CS and still get a consistent result between Kindle and ePub. The only consistent font size option is to use <big> and <small> tag directly in the XHTML. Otherwise, separate CSS files are going to be needed for Kindle and ePub.

I'm going to have a bit more of a think about this. It may be that separate CSS files really is the best way forward.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Font Size Sampler.epub (4.3 KB, 280 views)
File Type: mobi Font Size Sampler.mobi (9.6 KB, 298 views)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote