View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
KindleGen and XHTML/CSS2

It's possible to generate a Kindle format book by pointing the KindleGen application at an expanded ePub.

But working out how the XHTML/CSS2 in the ePub is going to be handled by KindleGen is a lot trickier.

I'm doing some experiments in an attempt to find a way to generate a good looking ePub and Kindle from the same source files. This will require some limits on the use of ePub features, but for plain text books, this shouldn't really cause a problem.

I'll be documenting what I find in here, along with uploads of my test ePubs and Kindle books.

I welcome any comments on the test ebooks, or suggested work-arounds.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote