View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is exactly why I've always believed that the "approval" of Apps by Apple is one of the biggest strengths of the iPhone and iPad.
Agree... I really don't want to start another nothing new argument about it... but..... The "open" idea, is just not a big deal to me. I understand that every 14 year old can write any thing they want for an "open" system, but I just don't care...... The HUGE selection of QUALITY apps available for iDevices is for me the main selling point of the iPad. Of course there are "fart apps", and there must be a market because people buy them.... but it is good to know that I have a "firewall" between me and rogue software.....

For the person that just has to have a device that can run homebrew, great... there are plenty of devices to do that. Thank goodness we have choices, and not EVERY device has to...... I am not dissing Android, I think it is great. But, for me (and it would seem for millions of others) it is not the best choice..... (of course in a few years you may see me with one.... ..... got to keep an open mind!

EDIT: A few years ago I bought a Gamepark portable gaming device. It was a little handheld that you could play all these "homebrew" games on... and the games were FREE! After a few months I realized that there was a reason all the games were free...... The ONLY thing it did that was worth anything at all was run emulators..... but after 20+ years playing SNES games, it's time to move on.....

Just my opinion....

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 07-29-2010 at 06:13 AM.