View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Which brings me, Bob, to your interchange w/DixieGal and her comment about more frequent participation in the BookClub. I find it very hard to spend hours with a book that you donīt mind putting down to feed the dogs or cut the grass! Is not reading time too precious to be spent on books you canīt really get into when there are so many others to pull from the shelf?
I think you misunderstood me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
just added The Book Thief on Calibre...but usually after a couple of chapters if itīs not clicking I donīt feel guilty moving on.
d
That's what I mean. There is a difference between saying... "That book doesn't interest me when all you have done is read the blurb in message 1 here" as opposed to saying, "I read the first 3 chapters and it just wasn't for me, so I stopped."

The latter is perfectly fine... and is what I would do too. The former though... seems to go against the idea of participating in the book club.

That said.... I don't have a problem with Dixie's not reading a selected book in any way. As I have said many times, this is just very casual group, join in one month or not, read the book or not, participate in the discussion thread or not... it's just for fun and to maybe find some books and authors that you never would have considered or even known about previously.

I am sure each person is going to get something different out of the book club... and I'm cool with that. I was just posting my approach is all.

I have skipped a few of the selected books, but only because I was reading other books at the time. I'm a 1 book going at a time reader. So, I hate to stop something I am enjoying to start something else.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote