Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
REQ: to Kovid - add "Append Comments" to batch Edit Metadata of entries

@Kovid_Goyal
Please modify the mass Edit Metadata window (plug-in) to have an "Append Comments" in addition to the "Set Comments" currently there when doing multiple books simultaneously. This is is something that was added to individual metadata downloads options a few versions back.
Secondly, a choice to APPEND or PREPEND would be better (I just learned of similar to this via Search/Replace, but links cannot be active that way - only text.

Attached are pictures for any clarification. Please forgive the lettering as I only used my laptop touchpad and finger to write that.

This would solve something I've been trying to do for awhile.

In this manner, a link could be added to the comments which are then Polished into the books metadata jacket producing an active link. While not auto generated from the database of author links, this would work VERY well if not BETTER as auto generation would depend upon how the user utilizes the features.

I have been wanting something like this for a long time but only now know how to ask for it.

Right now, "Nexting" through entries and pasting the edit into a few or evens dozens of entries for each book is like banging my head on a wall....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_Edit Metadata Append request.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	127641   Click image for larger version

Name:	_Edit Metadata Append request reference.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	127642  

Last edited by jecilop; 09-01-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: modified/clarified request
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Search and replace should work just fine for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
@kovidgoyal,
I just found a solution through this thread (my first post once I got a good feel for Calibre in March), but it takes more technical manipulation and some extra time this way vs. being able to click that wonderful little "create link" button with its handy field and options :-)
Think about it...
And thanks for replying.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
append, comments, edit metadata, prepend, request