Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 06:09 PM   #226
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
It makes me sad that my preorder status for the Libra Colour is still set to "Processed" rather than "Shipped" since they're supposed to be available for sale from tomorrow. At this point, my chances of receiving my Libra tomorrow are dwindling down to "nil". I wonder if my order hasn't shipped yet because I ordered both a black Libra Colour AND a black sleep cover rather than just the device itself.

Has anyone else who preordered from Kobo Canada received their shipping notification yet?

Patience was never my strong suit.
I received my black Libra Colour with a sleep cover (blue) today. I'm still adjusting it to my preferred settings
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 07:44 PM   #227
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It fits and the magnet works (at least the chinese cover I have with Van Gogh images).
That's interesting! My Clara HD cover accepted the 2e, but the magnet had been moved 2" down on the 2e -- so that didn't work.

I use a 2e cover that I'm sure will accept the BW. If the BW magnet is near the left edge of the display and about 2 5/8" up from the bottom of the BW, it should be OK.

There goes my excuse for holding off on one of the new ones.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:41 PM   #228
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
I only ordered the black Libra Colour, no cover, on 11 April. Have not received a shipping notice yet.

I'm trying to be patient.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:19 PM   #229
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I just got my Kobo Libra Colour.

I’m a bit underwhelmed by the downgrade in screen clarity from the Libra 2, but the colours are gorgeous… oh well, I’ll be buying a Libra 3 BW if it ever comes out and replacing my colour!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:31 AM   #230
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I got a DpD tracking email on Thursday for what could only be my Libra colour and blue cover. Despite the kobo site saying processing. I orded in the UK as soon as pre orders went live.
I fancied trying a white one for a bit of variety.

Anyway, Dpd kept saying 'we have your parcel details but we don't have your parcel.' Their parcel tracking has finally updated to say that it is on the way to my local depot and delivery is expected today.

I'm off work next week and heading to the n Wales coast for a few days so it will be lovely to take the new libra c with me.

I hope that the lovely patch maintainers have time to get the patches out so we can customise or shiny new devices. I am sure the new devices will present all kinds of issues for them!

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 01:35 AM   #231
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I pre-ordered on 10 April and the Kobo website still says shipment pending.

I also got the DPD email too. Ooh it's saying to be delivered today , which is exciting, even though Kobo still says it's not shipped.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:10 AM   #232
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
Just received my Libra Colour!
First impressions: as already noted, the screen is quite a bit darker. Background light must go up to about 60 % to get the same impression as with my Sage on 30%.
And what is lacking is any settings to adjust the colours as are present in kaleido3 screens in Pocketbook and Onyx Boox readers.
I guess Kobo knows what is best for us...
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:05 AM   #233
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Just got my Libra Colour. First impressions based on 10mins use

My last Kobo was a Clara (original) and I've never had a Kobo with page turn buttons before.

I like it so far. Feels a little flimsier than my oasis 2 but it does colour, so... It does feel quite responsive which is good.

After turning it on and letting it sync with my account all my books now have colour covers lol. Tried it with a couple of comics and it's pretty good. They look a bit duller than they would on my PC or tablet but that's ok. Time will tell whether I use it for that.

B&W mode looks good. I'll let you know tomorrow what it's like at night, what brightness level I use.

I also got the official sleep cover. Less of a fan of that. The bit that you "pinch" to form the stand when you use it that way means you don't get a fully flat cover when you use it to cover the screen. It annoys my OCPDish tendencies.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:46 AM   #234
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Just got mine (in white), the screen is darker but crisp (for B&W at least). I bought a compatible cover for the libra2 from KWMobile (did not found one for the colour at the moment). The slot for the usb c input is a bit off but usable either by cutting a little or open the closing flap of the cover. The sleep fonction works flawlessly. I'll perhaps stick to my Sage for reading in bed at night and use the colour to take with me when I'm away. Don’t rzally know.

The stylus (first version) of my Sage works well on the colour too

Something "funny" : I'm currently reading a book borrowed via the KOBO plus programm. I couldn’t edit the font on my sage. But had no problem to to do it on the libra colour...

Last edited by vice-versa; 04-30-2024 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Mispelling +adding a sentence
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:51 AM   #235
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2, Colour
I received my Libra Colour last night, with the pen v2 and the case to go with it all. First impressions after reading for about an hour, the colour layer creating a light moire effect is going to be difficult to get used to for me, but otherwise, it's really fast, responsive, the pen works really good (will be able to ask authors to actually sign INSIDE their ebooks!! ) .

I'm coming from a Libra 2 so I'm satisfied for the current level of tech vs features with this new colour version.

Edit : I do like the feel of the notebook cover a lot, I think it's one of the best Kobo did so far!

Last edited by Squirsier; 04-30-2024 at 08:10 AM.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:52 AM   #236
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post

I'm coming from a Libra 2 so I'm satisfied for the current level of tech vs features with this new colour version.

What are your impressions of normal/B&W text comparing the Libra Colour vs the Libra 2 for sharpness and contrast.

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:04 AM   #237
ErikG
Enthusiast
ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.ErikG is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: iRex DR800S, Kindle DX, Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage
Quote:
I received my Libra Colour last night, with the pen v2 and the case to go with it all. First impressions after reading for about an hour, the colour layer creating a light moire effect
In the reading settings there is an option that is off by default that can minimise this effect.
Don't know if it works. I am not seeing the moire effect you describe.
ErikG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:07 AM   #238
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
What are your impressions of normal/B&W text comparing the Libra Colour vs the Libra 2 for sharpness and contrast.

Thanks.
The Libra 2 wins hands down for sharpness and contrast, if you don't plan on using the new Libra to take notes and highlights, it's better imho to stick to Libra 2 for reading.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:08 AM   #239
Squirsier
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG View Post
In the reading settings there is an option that is off by default that can minimise this effect.
Don't know if it works. I am not seeing the moire effect you describe.
I'll look into this, thanks!
Old 04-30-2024, 09:20 AM   #240
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
The Libra 2 wins hands down for sharpness and contrast, if you don't plan on using the new Libra to take notes and highlights, it's better imho to stick to Libra 2 for reading.
Thanks, that's all I need to know. No Libra Colour for me.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote