Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 08:25 AM   #1
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
`gui.book_on_device` returns lower case book path for MTP devices

I'm using the book_on_device function to get book path on device but this function returns lower case path on MTP devices, could this function be updated? Or maybe there is another function I could use to get the correct book path on MTP devices?
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:00 AM   #2
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find the code converts the path to lower case: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr..._cache.py#L177

but I don't know if calibre's developer would accept the change, I hope remove `.lower()` won't break other code.
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 09:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That function is definitely not going to be changed. And IIRC paths in MTP are case insensitive.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:55 AM   #4
xxyzz
Evangelist

Is there another function I could use to get the file name uploaded to mtp device by calibre? A user created an issue at https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/issues/206 says calibre could change the book file name and my code would break using lower case path or the original book file name.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The lowercased path is what calibre uses as a key. So no there is no other function. WHy do you care if the path is lowercased?
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 10:32 AM   #6
xxyzz
Evangelist

Because I need to create a ".sdr" folder with the same name as the book file to put Kindle Word Wise file and X-Ray file, use the lower case folder name doesn't work for Kindle...
Old 04-17-2024, 11:00 AM   #7
xxyzz
Evangelist

The upload book job results contain the correct book file name, I think I could use that value.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:20 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you are sending the book file yourself then yes you can use it.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:36 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can also try using os.path.realpath(lower_case_full_path).

In my tests on Windows 10 it converts an lcase path to the path as it really exists. I didn't try it on an MTP device.

Example:
Code:
import os.path
s = 'c:/users/me'
print(os.path.realpath(s))
C:\Users\Me
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote