Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 12:40 AM   #1
lesley9
Enthusiast
lesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it islesley9 knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Oasis 2
New Color Libra and Clara now advertised in US

Available April 30th.

https://us.kobobooks.com/collections...n=eReadersApps
lesley9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:48 AM   #2
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
They are on sale in Canada too, on the Kobo web site.

Against my brain, I ordered the Libra Colour.

I have to at least try it out.

I noticed that it is a bit lighter than the Libra 2.

Last edited by deleted2; 04-10-2024 at 12:51 AM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 02:13 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Spanish web site includes them too. I'm going to order the Clara colour.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 04-10-2024 at 02:16 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:42 AM   #4
DJUNGELSKOG
DJUNGELSKOG doesn't litterDJUNGELSKOG doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5
Belgian website is selling them them as well, €230, “available starting April 30”. I won’t be buying any of them though.
DJUNGELSKOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:52 AM   #5
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
I noticed that it is a bit lighter than the Libra 2.
Even with the bigger battery (2050 vs 1500mAh), so that's great.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 02:59 AM   #6
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It seems the site isn't fully updated. If I try to view the repair page to learn which components you can replace:

http://kobo.com/repairability

I reach a ZenDesk login page, instead.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:09 AM   #7
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It seems the site isn't fully updated. If I try to view the repair page to learn which components you can replace:

http://kobo.com/repairability

I reach a ZenDesk login page, instead.
Yes it was like that a few days ago. Perhaps they've forgotten this page.

One of the early reviews (I am not sure if they just reviewed a press release or an actual device) mentioned Kobo had partnered with iFixit, presumably so that iFixit could give official repair instructions and perhaps be a source for the spare parts. Maybe keep tabs on the iFixit site?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:20 AM   #8
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
UK Website updated with the 3 new models - 2 colour and 1 BW. And the prices seem better than normal (i.e. not $1 = £1)

Kobo Libra Colour
£199.99

Kobo Clara Colour
£139.99

Kobo Clara BW
£119.99
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 AM   #9
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
I'll wait for reviews before making any decisions. It looks interesting though. Every single one of them.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:51 AM   #10
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
So no kobo libra bw?
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:27 AM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For users who get the Clara Colour, could you please post your opinion on contrast for normal (non color) novel text, especially if you have a Clara 2E.

P&T.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:33 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would like a comparison of the Libra 2 to the Color Libra.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-10-2024 at 07:31 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:34 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
For users who get the Clara Colour, could you please post your opinion on contrast for normal (non color) novel text, especially if you have a Clara 2E.

P&T.
I will try to do it when I get it, but I warrant nothing, as I'm very bad with reviews.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:38 AM   #14
Penny
Penny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It's interesting that the sleep covers being offered between the Libra 2 and Libra Colour don't overlap but are both priced at 39.99. To my naked eye the dimensions and placements of the buttons between both models are identical. Sadly I was hoping to not spend an additional $40 on a new cover.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:45 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
It's interesting that the sleep covers being offered between the Libra 2 and Libra Colour don't overlap but are both priced at 39.99. To my naked eye the dimensions and placements of the buttons between both models are identical. Sadly I was hoping to not spend an additional $40 on a new cover.
In the UK, the sleep cover is 50% off when you pre-order the Libra Color. In the US, the sleep cover is not discounted.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote