Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 06:18 AM   #1
WilhelmusB
WilhelmusB began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
PDF bestanden lezen

Ik heb ter kennismaking een KOBO Aura HD reader van mijn dochter te leen.
Ik zou graag PDF bestanden van het internet plukken zoals bijvoorbeeld een rapport van de SVOW:

Van fietsongeval naar maatregelen: kennis en hiaten.

Dat gaat nog niet echt gesmeerd.
Op mijn desktop Windows 10 heb ik Calibre 64bit-Ebook-management. E-book viewer 64bit en Edit E-book 64bit.
Iemand info voor mij.
WilhelmusB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:14 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Bing translation:

Quote:
I borrowed a KOBO Aura HD reader from my daughter to get acquainted.
I would like to pick PDF files from the internet, such as a report from the SVOW:

From bicycle accident to measures: knowledge and gaps.

That's not really going smoothly yet.
On my desktop Windows 10 I have calibre 64bit-Ebook-management. E-book viewer 64bit and Edit E-book 64bit.
Anyone info for me.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:49 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I would recommend just using EPUB files for serious reading on the Kobo and use some (android) tablet (~10") for convenient reading of PDF files.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:08 PM   #4
WilhelmusB

Het is opvallend hoe prettig een e-reader in de zon leest. Daarom mijn zoektocht. Wij bezitten ook een Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 maar een e-reader geeft toch veel meer rust aan de ogen. Het spiegel effect van dat Samsung scherm maakt het lezen een stuk minder prettig, vind ik.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:40 PM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmusB View Post
It is striking how pleasant an e-reader is to read in the sun. Hence my search. We also own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8, but an e-reader gives the eyes much more rest. I think the mirror effect of that Samsung screen makes reading a lot less pleasant.
Try the TCL table NxtPaper 11. Its screen has an anti-glare finish. See here.
And yes, an e-reader is pleasant for the eyes. But e-readers are not that good on rendering PDF-files, especially on small 6" screens, hence my remarks.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:49 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have 9.7″ Kindle DXG (useless) and later a Kobo Elipsa 10.3″ bought for PDFs. I now only use the Nxtpaper 11 tablet for PDFs. Practically as comfortable as eink at night with light turned to 14% and works in sunlight!

No mirror effect like my Samsung and Lenovo tablets.

I only use the 7″ Libra or 8″ Sage Kobo eink for epub novels.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:30 AM   #7
WilhelmusB

Bedankt voor de info. Ik had een antwoordt getypt maar intussen uitgelogd alles verdwenen. Uiterste vervelend. CL-tabel NxtPaper 11we gaan hier is naar kijken.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:03 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmusB View Post
Bedankt voor de info. Ik had een antwoordt getypt maar intussen uitgelogd alles verdwenen. Uiterste vervelend. CL-tabel NxtPaper 11we gaan hier is naar kijken.
Thanks for the info. I had typed a reply but since I logged out everything disappeared. Extremely annoying. CL table NxtPaper 11we are going to look at this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:23 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoeksche_Waard

No doubt DrChiper speaks this, I think last time I was in Amsterdam I almost ordered fish thinking it was chicken. Lovely trains and conference centre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:16 PM   #10
WilhelmusB

Dit is echt een opvallend forum. Het vertalen maakt het gezellig en er ontstaat een grappige vorm humor.