Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 04:20 AM   #1
xx4xx4
xx4xx4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
PW1 stuck on loading bar

Hello everyone this is my first post,

So I bought a paperwhite on a yard sale .
The screen has a low battery sign so I thought it only needed a charge.

When I got home, tried to charge it.
Then i noticed it keeps booting again and again without reaching homescreen. (it does sometimes but only around 1 second, It shows the touch the kindle to start using screen)

I tried to search for non invasive solutions online,
Tried leaving it charged for 12 - 24 hours, didn't do a thing.
Tried holding down power button for 30 - 40 seconds, still didn't do a thing.
Tried plugging it to computer, computer doesn't read it. (Probably because stuck in a boot loop)

After trying out those stuff, I proceeded and opened the kindle,
but I'm lost on what to do next?

I tried unplugging, the power switch since i read here that stuck power switch can cause bootloop, still do anything.
I tried unplugging the 3G and Backlight, still didnt do anything

heres a photo of the board and a video of the booting and looping:
Video: https://youtu.be/OdhGbTxC3ps
Photo: https://imgur.com/a/omISE74

Any idea what steps should I take to fix this? Thanks

Last edited by xx4xx4; 10-23-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: added question
xx4xx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx4xx4 View Post
Hello everyone this is my first post,

So I bought a paperwhite on a yard sale .
The screen has a low battery sign so I thought it only needed a charge.

When I got home, tried to charge it.
Then i noticed it keeps booting again and again without reaching homescreen. (it does sometimes but only around 1 second, It shows the touch the kindle to start using screen)

I tried to search for non invasive solutions online,
Tried leaving it charged for 12 - 24 hours, didn't do a thing.
Tried holding down power button for 30 - 40 seconds, still didn't do a thing.
Tried plugging it to computer, computer doesn't read it. (Probably because stuck in a boot loop)

After trying out those stuff, I proceeded and opened the kindle,
but I'm lost on what to do next?

I tried unplugging, the power switch since i read here that stuck power switch can cause bootloop, still do anything.
I tried unplugging the 3G and Backlight, still didnt do anything

heres a photo of the board and a video of the booting and looping:
Video: https://youtu.be/OdhGbTxC3ps
Photo: https://imgur.com/a/omISE74

Any idea what steps should I take to fix this? Thanks
Get a USB-TTL adapter (something like this will do) and use the pin method from the serial jailbreak thread to attach to the debug port. Once you're in, you should be able to use the recovery menu to export the USB storage to a PC and download a firmware image to the device, which will be installed on a reboot.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert