Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Displaying books in series order

Just started using Calibre Companion on my Onyx T68 Lynx, and I'm very impressed by it. A quick question, though: is there a way of displaying books within a series in series order? I can select a series from the grouping drawer, but the files within it are sorted alphabetically by title. I'd much prefer to see them in series order, if at all possible. On my Kindle PW I get around this by using a Calibre Plugboard to prefix the series name and number to the title, but this doesn't seem to work with CC.

Thanks!

Last edited by HarryT; 07-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ignore me - just found the sort options .
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Of possibly some interest: a wishlist item suggested by kaufman
Quote:
Optionally sort the book list/grid when picking a group, e.g., if you pick a series switch to series sort, if you pick an author switch to title sort. Both whether to sort and the type of sort should be user specifiable.
This would let you choose to automatically switch to a series sort if you group by series, but switch back to something else like title if you group by authors.

I intend to implement this during the next development cycle.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That sounds really useful - I look forward to it.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That sounds really useful - I look forward to it.
Harry, you seem like a very intelligent guy. Welcome.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert