Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Slydini
Slydini began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
A cheaper and better alternative to the E-Luminator2 Book Light

I have a rebranded M-Edge Executive case that I got from Radio Shack and the Mighty Bright UltraThin 2 LED Book light works perfectly with this case. It's available in select Barnes and Noble stores and its only $9.95. (It's even cheaper on Amazon if you you're patient enough to wait for shipping).

I've tried the Eluminator2 light, but I don't like the fact that it can't be stored when the case is closed; Plus, its quite gangly and awkward to store in any kind of pocket. The Mighty Bright slides perfectly into the same little pocket and you don't have to deal with any type of flexible neck. The 2 LED lights are definitely bright enough to illuminate the 5 inch screen of an eReader.

I've posted some pics of this light when attached to the Executive Jacket. Here's the link... Just be sure to scroll to the 2nd post.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=86768a

Another advantage to this light is that it can clipped on to the opening for the strap and the strap can still be closed. The power switch is larger and easier to operate than the ELuminator2 and its WAY more portable.

The only con to this light is that if you sleep with someone who is on the right side of you, then you'll probably annoy them!

Judging by the pictures of the M-Edge Platform jacket, this should work for that too... I don't think it'll work for the Latitude jacket because its not long enough (The slot for the light is located in a different spot).

... So if you have an M-Edge Executive Jacket save yourself some money and get Mighty Bright UltraThin Book Light instead!
Slydini is offline   Reply With Quote