Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-16-2024, 07:08 PM   #1
popalung
popalung began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Restore state of Previously edited book when opening it again

My question involves this option:

Preferences > Main Window > Restore state of Previously edited book when opening it again.

It works as expected but only when I quit the application.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to close the currently open file without quitting the program? I ask because when opening a second epub to edit, from the menu, the above option does not work. The previously opened epub tab layout is not saved.

To sum up, is shutting down the entire program the only way that option works?
popalung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 08:38 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can have multiple instances of editor running. So, there's no need to 'close' current book before opening another one. But you can't create a fresh instance via the editor's File->Open, you must create them externally - e.g. by selecting a book in the library and clicking Edit book, or via the OS Open With, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-17 103301.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	208335

I have the Restore state . . . again preference checked. The state of each book I'm editing seems to get restored if I edit it again. If I want to close an editor instance I use one of Windows' shortcuts - e.g. Alt+F4, Alt+space,C etc. The File->Quit menu option will close the current editor instance, it does have a shortcut but I have set it to None.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:09 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...586835c53c6e81
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote