Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2016, 04:02 AM   #1
pinky62
Zealot
pinky62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Removing series info from title auto

whenever i download meta data for books series information is added to title how do i stop this?
pinky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky62 View Post
whenever i download meta data for books series information is added to title how do i stop this?
Change the (metadata site) Template

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
(Just Ignore the word Conversion. The same rules still apply for any complex problem. 'Broken', 'does nor work,' is NOT informative to anyone trying to decide on a solition)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2016, 03:53 AM   #3
pinky62
Zealot
pinky62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Removing series info from title auto

Hello theducks I tried to change site template assume you are refering to metadata download tab in prefrences this is what i did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main page metadata download.png
Views:	195
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	149826   Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon page download info.png
Views:	182
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	149827  
pinky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
those affect the just EXTERNAL SOURCES to the Library Metadata

AFAIK
If the book INCLUDES series (or other field data) internally, you will always get those fields populated unless you have the Use filename preference ticked in adding books (people usually want MORE, not less )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote