View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 10:38 AM   #9
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Well that's a shame. I know they hadn't focused on it in some time (I stopped being able to find Walmart Ebook/Kobo gift cards in physical stores over a year ago, and had to start buying them digitally), but their products were still available. On the Kobo subreddit I had largely encouraged US customers to order their Kobo through Walmart rather than directly through Rakuten, as they seemed to have a better delivery/distribution system, and fewer headaches for returns/exchanges.

I think this will hurt Kobo's US presence long-term. It's especially a shame that this happens right before the color Kobo's launch, because that could've potentially made them the first widely-available color e-ink device on the market.

What is the impact to those who had their Kobo account linked to a Walmart account? My first Kobo, a Clara HD, was through Walmart, and as a result whenever I buy a book from Kobo--even directly from Kobo's site, or from the Kobo Android app--I still get a Walmart digital receipt in my inbox. Hoping this doesn't cause any longterm entanglement headaches. I have always purchased books from Kobo, not "Walmart Ebooks", but there still seems to be that backend association.

Also, I notice that the Walmart Ebooks page now seems to be broken:
https://walmartebooks.kobo.com/hc/en-us
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote