View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #4
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
1/ KUAL actions: the root fs is ro by default, and unless I completely forgot about a symlink, the upstart jobs live in /etc/upstart, not /etc/init
There's indeed a symlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
2/ You'll probably want to default to the correct filename (beware: depends on the target device) for the screensaver, or trigger a re-parse from the screensavers hack, because it won't do anything with a file named 'onlinescreensaver.png' without further action [So, in the event of a second sleep session before the next update, you'd get a completely different screensaver, the only thing making it 'work' the first time is eips].
Uh. Good point. On my device it "somehow" worked, but after a reboot linkss did rename the files.

I uploaded a fixed version (0.2) where the default screensaver filename is the first one that linkss uses on a PW2. I'm not 100% comfortable, as this will overwrite this file :-/ Do you maybe have a suggestion for a better solution?

Do you have an idea how I could handle this situation? I probably could scan the directory and somehow figure out the correct filename for the current device, however I'd rather not overwrite the image.

Quote:
(That of course gets a bit more complex if the SS hack is in cover mode, but I think we're agreed that the two should be mutually exclusive anyway.)
Yes. Also I'd expect the user to remove all the other screensaver images

Quote:
All of that applies to FW 5.x devices, since:

1/ Before that, they used SySV init, not upstart
2/ And they didn't really care about the screensaver filenames

(Also, there's a leftover log in bin/stdout in your archive ;p).
Thanks, I re-uploaded with the temp file removed, and a check that upstart is in use.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote