View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 01:19 AM   #835
red.desk6410
red.desk6410 began at the beginning.

Device: Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.desk6410 View Post
I tried again by reinstalling firmware 5.16.2.0.1.bin twice and factory resetting twice. I got through step 16 but upon reboot I did not see any logs on the screen and did not get a language selection menu, I just got dropped back into "Set up your Kindle" (basically where you start out at).
On what might have been my 18th try, I finally got it:

I factory reset then flashed 5.16.2.0.1.bin twice. Then followed all instructions except for when I pushed LanguageBreak files in each step, I didn't use my bash script `mount /dev/sda /mnt && cp -rv ./LaguageBreak/. /mnt/ && umount /mnt && sync && eject /dev/sda` - maybe it was too fast? No idea. I also copied the LanguageBreak directory itself to /mnt/. The instructions don't seem to specify this but maybe it brought me luck because I finally got the text log on the screen after the resell reboot.

Curiously though I think I either didn't get the language menu selection or when I selected Chinese it still rebooted into English. I ended up continuing anyway and was happy to see that the update of the Language file finally worked (in English nonetheless as well). I'm now rebooted and verified I have the mkk directory in root. Will continue on to get koreader. I should also mention that I got a core dump at some point too.

Hope this helps anyone else having issues with their Kindle Scribe.
red.desk6410 is offline   Reply With Quote