View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 09:00 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I will investigate doing that for dynamically created QDockWidgets like Preview and Clips (but the current approaches used to register shortcuts for static menus may not work for dynamically build menus) but note this is not a high priority as opening those can be done using the newly added focus menus you can assign a shortcut key to. Only closing them is limited. And so having "esc" close a QDockWidget may be an easier solution.

I will also look to see if there is a way to limit Tab focus shifting to be internal to a QDockWidget as we discussed that as well.
Whilst I very much appreciate the fact that giving focus to a window will show a hidden window and then give it focus… other programs I use don't do that I also value the ability to simply show and hide a window without changing focus.

If "…having 'esc' close a QDockWidget may be an easier [for you I assume] solution…" means me using the actual Esc key, then please provide an option to turn any such feature off. I would rather find the mouse and click the close button.

If I can, I often assign Esc to 'Quit the application'. I can't do that in Sigil… which is fine… but if I forget that, and I hit Esc in Sigil it does nothing, which is also fine, but I would not want Esc doing anything else.

Added: if you were to ask me to rank the issues raised here against the issue of Tab shifting focus between windows, I'd probably rank the latter lower. I put that down to BekkyEbook's .qss patch. IMO it should be a built-in preference in all Qt apps… spotting which control has focus is also hard in other Qt based applications I use.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-07-2024 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote