View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Future Release To-Do Items

We have had a number of threads requesting multiple changes and things. So to prevent my forgetting what I said yes to, I have tried to collect them here.

Sigil To Do List
----------------

1. Update multiline css reformat to add space after a comma in a selector
(See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...52&postcount=9 )
(Done - pushed to master)

2. Add "Use Unicode" to Find & Replace Regex options (*UCP)

3. Allow groups of selected .smil, .js, and .svg files to be used with Find and Replace (or figure out something for searching multiple text files). Perhaps SelectedText (ST code).

4. Add ability for user to use an environment variable, SIGIL_PREVIEW_TIMEOUT, to change the Preview Timeout within limits of 100 to 10000 (milliseconds).

5. Add in BeckyEbook's code to force focus to CodeView when pressing Find button, even if focus in the Replace field.
(See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=29 )

6. Consider going from 40 clip bar icons max to 60 (from 20 to 30 per clip toolbar). General consensus is that this is not needed but can it hurt? And 60 is less than the 80 not what was asked for but still a noticeable improvement for heavy clip bar users.
(Done - pushed to master - but can be reduced to 50 if 60 is overkill)

7. Given Qt6 ability to do renames with just case variations on Windows and macOS,
relax the constraint on single step case only renames.

8. Improve the ability work with epubs with thousands of files using Bulk Rename, Bulk Move, and Bulk Delete to greatly speed things up and reduce memory footprint

9. Register QDockwidgets show/hide toggleActions with the Shortcut Manager

10. Fix long standing bug in ImageTab context menu save-as

11. Add ability to highlight which QDockWidget has focus (controllable by user)

12. Improve tab to shift focus behaviour throughout Sigil for all platforms

If anyone has any other requests over the next few weeks, please let me know.

If I previously said "yes" to someone's request and it is not yet implemented and not on this list, please point me to the thread and I will update this list.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-30-2024 at 12:50 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote