View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 AM   #22
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That's got to be something different and very weird. The dot moves from the vav to the beit? Apologies if I've mixed up names. It's a long while since I did the Aleph Bet, or Hebrew, so I don't know which is wrong. Maybe they only tested on ordinary novels which don't bother with the dots?

How is that even possible? That's like typing Méabh and getting Meábh (though confusingly both of those are used). Or Bán and Bań (which doesn't exist, though ban is also Irish).
Not only that, but also notice how the Patach under the Kuf (ק) in the 1st highlighted word is rendered at the wrong place.
I sent Kobo the font and the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try adding hinting to the font. GO back up to the post where I linked ttfautohint and download it and add hinting and then see how it looks.
I should've added this is an otf font.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote