View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 01:38 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistle View Post
Thanks a lot for the advice. I’ll be sure to try out the suggested fonts.

Probably just legacy settings they’ve never thought to change It is subtle, so I doubt it has been a real priority to them. Many in this thread have never noticed, for instance. But I would’ve thought an ereader company would want text on their devices to look as good as possible.

I agree, as I said this problem only applies to certain fonts. ChareInk renders well both with/without hinting (even though I’m not partial to the font itself), as do a few other fonts I tried. But many do not, thus the conceit of the thread.
ChareInk6SP is hinted. I decided since it works find on a Kobo and Kindles prefer hinting that I would add hinting.

You can use ttfautohint to add hinting to fonts that need hinting. It's very easy to use. There are binaries for Windows and Apple.

http://freetype.org/ttfautohint
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote