View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:13 PM   #13
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
i usually read with the warm light on anyhow, so I don't think the slight difference would be that noticeable to me. The Era vs Libra 2 comparison

I read books mainly in the evening, and when it comes to PB ERA or Inkpad4 (illumination 10% light + 100% warm tone), the contrast of the sharpness of the writing is completely correct with this setting. For me, reading on Libra 2 is sometimes too sharp (especially in the evening) and sometimes I have to reduce the sharpness or change the font.
Of all "7/6.8" inch devices (for reading ePUB books) I was most impressed by the BOOX Leaf/Page.
As for the quality of the screen (excellent blackness and accuracy of writing both during the day and in the evening), it has all the settings that I use most (including the settings for spacing between paragraphs, contrast or sharpness of writing), it is very reactive and fast, even when reading WEB pages.

For me, the weakest link of PB ERA or Inkpad4 is the ancient HW, such as the Alwiner B288 CPU (with this CPU, the Pocketbook has blocked any possible development due to the limitations of the kernel and SDK, so I wouldn't expect any new features and optimization in the future) that PB has been installing in its readers for almost 10 years, identical CPUs can be found, for example, in the Touch Lux or HD3 series (which is a completely different price category, just Inkpad4 it costs almost $300, PB could have made a slightly better processor choice here).I stopped using Pocketbook because I often need to use notes and dictionaries, which is not exactly Pocketbook's strong point, and ERA or Inkpad4 was practically unusable for notes due to its slowness (opening and working with notes is really slow, in home conditions for someone who only takes notes This will probably be acceptable, but in my case it is practically useless.

I use Inkpad4 exclusively for reading PDFs, it is a strong point of that model, it even offers a reflow function. Overall, I like the Inkpad4 screen very much and it really reminds me of paper.

I will definitely go back to the Pocketbook, maybe for the model with a color display, what makes the Pocketbook unbeatable is the file and library manager, in my opinion PB has the best version of the file manager ever compared to competitors like Kobo or Kindle, Tolino.

Each user should use the e-reader that suits them, regardless of whether it has 5% better contrast (there are more important things).

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-04-2024 at 08:19 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote