View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:38 AM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaenor View Post
There is a recent photo comparison of Libra 2 and Era on reddit, and to me it rather clearly demonstrates that there is no significant difference in screen quality between the two, even when looking side by side:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ereader/com...parisonreview/
My experience with the listed products is based on my own experience, moreover, photos are often subjective. In addition, for me, some photos on some discussion forums are completely misleading, I have already encountered that a fan of this or that product posts a photo where his or her preferred product looks better, or they use filters and the like when taking photos .
*Even a slight change of the backlight is enough (the backlight is never the same with these devices) and I have a completely different result, see photo*

Spoiler:

On various discussion forums, we can also see comparisons of photos that were (or were not) taken with lighting = completely different results for the same figure. In short, the photos on the forums are only very indicative.

Spoiler:

.. Anyway...

Both models use completely different screens, in addition, the Pocketbook ERA has additional screen layers, which means that thanks to this alone, the KOBO Libra 2 has an advantage in contrast.

When I compared e.g. Leaf 2 - "white" and "black", even though it is a completely identical model with the same E-INK 1200 screen, one model has a recessed screen and the difference in contrast can be clearly seen with the naked eye.

Same goes for the Inkpad 4, even though I'm using a proper E-INK 1200 screen, because of those extra layers, it loses sharpness and contrast that goes a bit gray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	743vsL2.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	208013   Click image for larger version

Name:	L2vsPB.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	208014   Click image for larger version

Name:	FLS-OFF.png
Views:	548
Size:	1,014.7 KB
ID:	208015   Click image for larger version

Name:	FLS-ON.png
Views:	551
Size:	1,015.1 KB
ID:	208016  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-03-2024 at 12:23 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote