View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 02:13 PM   #819
kbs24
kbs24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT4, PW3, PW2021
I have a PW3 which is on 5.16.2.1. I was able to get to step 10, plugged into computer as fast as I could, but there was no "kindle" usb folder for me to recopy the Language Break. I went ahead anyway since there was not way to go back, and I selected the chinese language. It rebooted, and now wants me to connect to wifi. I don't know how to "skip" the wifi selection because I can't read Chinese so I think I am stuck. Should I proceed to connect to wifi? Edit: I managed to do a factory reset somehow. So back in English I started over. I had high hopes for this jailbreak, looking forward to my screensavers again, but once more, although i rushed to plug back into PC, there was no Kindle entry in Windows Explorer, so I could not recopy the contents of Language Break into the root. I can't figure out what went wrong. I mean, once the kindle is unplugged from the pc, and it has not rebooted, the Kindle folder is of course, gone from pc. So where am I going wrong? Just not fast enough? Edit #2: Now I am stuck totally in Chinese, Demo mode, and Managed mode. All I want to do now is factory reset, but settings seem to be greyed out....everything is greyed out, except one line which google lens translated as compliance and something else not useful.....Also, because of prior failure to get usb connection fast enough, I got "UPdate failed" for the hotfix. Someone, please just help me get back to factory data reset. That's all I need right now. Many thanks, anyone please help.....

Last edited by kbs24; 04-14-2024 at 05:09 PM. Reason: completely stuck now....help!
kbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote