View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 04:30 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTY15 View Post
Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. It worked very well.

Do you use default LO Writer export to epub option or writer2epub extention?
Glad it worked.
Make it a habit to use the correct tags, rather than fake tags.
ie, use <i></i> for italic, instead of <span class="italic"></span>
All these tags are available for a reason. You can find a list of tags here... https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...HTML/Element/i. Remember epubs use a small subset of those html tags, so not all will work, but the more common ones will.

As for LO, check the image for my setup. I haven't heard of writer2epub. I just use the "Export as > Export as epub" option in LO Writer.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTY15 View Post
Do you create TOC in Writer so that epub can use it or only create it in epub editor?
I create it in the Calibre editor.
Once you export from LO, the epub needs a bit of work, tidying up the tags, then I create the TOC once completed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headings.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	206304  

Last edited by Karellen; 02-11-2024 at 01:30 PM.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote