View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 04:46 AM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I'm old enough to remember the little cards held in a paper pocket inside the library book cover. The card would be ink stamped with the return due date. Those little cards displayed the whole lending history of that individual volume. And I saw many, MANY books that had been checked out more than 24 times. If the 24-checkout limit is supposed to be based on the expected life of a paper book, I call baloney on that.
Yes, it's garbage. Also the life of a paper book is irrelevant. Expiring ebooks is just publisher greed, and not even logical.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote