View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Indeed... Is there any place where I could find more detailed information about the crash?
The log you posted shows shows the Previewer running to completion but reporting an unknown conversion error. Conversion is done by invoking multiple subprocesses. One of them is likely failing in an unexpected way. I have no clue how to even begin debugging that under Linux and Wine.

My only suggestion is to try using an earlier version of the Kindle Previewer, such as 3.60 released November 2021. That was reported to work under Linux/Wine. But even that might not succeed since it was done using specific Linux and Wine releases. You can search the KFX Output plugin thread and see multiple reports of success and failure under Linux using different software versions.

Unfortunately Amazon does not make older versions of their software available. You may be able to find them somewhere on the web with the risk of obtaining a copy containing malware.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote