View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #13
mobilemoxie
Enthusiast
mobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Or, just go into "Your content and Devices" in the Amazon Your Account menu, and download the book "for transfer by usb". Just click on "Actions" to see this. You can do this whether you bought the book on the device, or with your PC or phone. Will give you an azw3 file directly into the downloads folder. Saves all sorts of searching around. You don't need a Kindle app at all to do this.
I did this very thing today and then loaded the ebook I downloaded from Amazon "content and devices/for transfer by usb" into Calibre and the book would *not* convert because of the DRM, even though I had the correct plugin to deal with that.

Then I tried the method I wrote about (which someone had told me) and the ebook successfully was converted by Calibre with no DRM problem.

Last edited by mobilemoxie; 03-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
mobilemoxie is offline   Reply With Quote