View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I try and purchase all my books as epub without DRM - I want to support the non-DRM movement. If I have to, I buy epub with DRM and strip it. As a last resort I will buy amazon mobi, then strip and convert to epub. I keep all my books in a calibre database and if necessary convert to azw3 to read on the kindle. That way I am not tied to any one format or device.

As an amusing aside:
My wife bought 2 paperwhites so we could "share" books purchased from amazon. After I set up the above system, she rarely uses the PW. Now she uses it only when she wants to read in the bath. She no longer cares if it falls in the water and gets destroyed...all the books are recoverable and she can choose the best device that is available if/when that should ever occur.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote