Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2024, 09:37 AM   #346
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Question

I have a question regarding those who use the LC already:

If you read web articles (transferred with the pocket-app), and while reading want to make a short note that reminds you of something, or if you want to export a highlighted text: what is the most convenient way to get that text from the Kobo to the PC?
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:19 PM   #347
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Right. I mentioned the screentone. They are notorious for moiré effects. In fact, in its heyday, Japanese manga artists would use the moiré patterns for dramatic effect. I don’t know how old you are, but when watching BW movies on an NTSC television, moiré effects occurred regularly because of the patterns on the clothes that the actors were wearing.

But I’d rather not see a rainbow dancing across my black-and-white manga. LOL I imagine the effect would be either pronounced or reduced depending on the screen size in relationship to the image being displayed. I’ll have to play with that rainbow toggle somebody mentioned above.

I'm old enough to remember the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime when it was new to the world.

The rainbow toggle works.. but I think it reduced the DPI of the manga in the process. Now I know why the toggle is there - Rakuten is Japanese. Newer manga that uses primarily digital drawing has little to no issue since they're not using screentone, but older stuff or by older artists? You might get quite a bit of that, especially if it was designed for print release first.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 12:27 AM   #348
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I'm old enough to remember the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime when it was new to the world.

The rainbow toggle works.. but I think it reduced the DPI of the manga in the process. Now I know why the toggle is there - Rakuten is Japanese. Newer manga that uses primarily digital drawing has little to no issue since they're not using screentone, but older stuff or by older artists? You might get quite a bit of that, especially if it was designed for print release first.

I’m afraid I remember watching Astro Boy on our B&W TV when I was five. *iamold.jpg*

The newer manga may not be using Deleter“screentone”, per se, but they do still love their screentone effects. I encountered the rainbow on a newer manga. I haven’t read any manga since I posted this, but I hope to soon.

What I’d love is a Nickelmenu option to toggle rainbow mode to make that process just a little faster.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #349
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Just got the Clara Color today. Wow the screen is DARK. I read without backlight when I can, and this thing looks ridiculous without a backlight unless you're in blazing sunlight outside, and even then, it's not good.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote