View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 01:41 PM   #11
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I prefer knowing how many pages I have left. That gives me more of an indication of how much I have left in a chapter then a %.
I'm the same. I know that, with a percentage, I could do the math but that would require me to remember how many pages I've actually read. With the "2 of 5" notation in the header, I know I've got 3 more page flips to get to the end of the chapter.

Like others have mentioned, I just can't bring myself to stop reading until I get to the end of a chapter. Again, the X of Y notation is better for me because it'll let me decide if I have enough time to read another chapter when I'm at the beginning of one. With just a progress meter, I'd have no real idea as to how many pages were in the upcoming chapter.

But that's the beauty of the Kobo firmware: regardless of what your preference for the headers and footers is, Kobo gives you a setting for it. So we can all go with what works best for us.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote